The Babysleep Doctor Strategy
The Babysleep Doctor strategy aims to ensure that women and families experience the joy of parenting and attain a life balance, whereby there is an appropriate allocation of time for the baby, other children, partner and sleep.
Watch this video to find out more about how The Babysleep Doctor can assist families to flourish. Hear from The Babysleep Doctor himself and several of this patients. Watch the full version (5.57 min), or watch the abbreviated version (2.38 min). Video production by Matt Arnold: www.mattarnold.net.au.
Baby wellbeing is inextricably linked to a mothers’ wellbeing. A well-informed, confident, happy and well-rested mother is better able to care for her baby and wakes in the morning genuinely enthusiastic about caring for her baby.
The Babysleep Doctor strategy works with parents and the baby and uses a tailored approach to deal with problems of sleep, feeding, growth and/or behaviour so that all families can experience the joys of parenting.
The Babysleep Doctor strategy:
- Was developed by a qualified specialist medical practitioner with more than 30 years’ experience working with women and babies.
- It is administered by The Babysleep Doctor and consultants who are post-graduate-trained health care professionals and have been specially trained in The Babysleep Doctor strategy.
- Strengthens the family unit by developing a pattern of family life which gives an appropriate balance between time for the new baby, all other family members, personal time and rest.
- Can begin before the baby’s birth. By seeing a woman before her baby’s birth we are able to give knowledge and teach strategies which, if used immediately after the child’s birth, can decrease the risks of problems relating to sleep, feeding and growth.
- Can be adopted and used by all carers, not just parents.
- Involves specialist advice that is implemented by parents and families, is non-intrusive and builds confidence amongst parents to implement the strategy in their own homes.
- Is specifically designed to minimise infant distress and develop emotional wellbeing.
The Babysleep Doctor’s objectives are to:
- Promote infant and family wellbeing.
- Work with infants and mothers where there are problems affecting sleep, feeding, growth and/or behaviour and to provide mothers with the tools to resolve these issues.
- Ensure families nationally and internationally can access our services.
- Generate broad acknowledgement that women have a range of options in relation to infant wellbeing and health and to teach those strategies found to be beneficial based on a combination of research and extensive clinical experience.
- Support those parenting strategies which have been most effective for the family unit both through research and our extensive practical experience.
- Advance research on infant sleep, feeding, growth and/or behaviour issues.
To ensure that women and families experience the joy of parenting and attain a life balance, whereby there is an appropriate allocation of time for the baby, other children, partner and sleep.
Download our brochure (PDF 539kb).